WORRY-FREE LIFESTYLE IN RIDGELAND, MS
Life at The Orchard
Comfortable surroundings envelop you immediately at The Orchard,
where every amenity and service contribute to a worry-free lifestyle in Ridgeland, MS
— all just minutes away from Jackson and the state’s largest concentration of retail and medical facilities.
Transitional decor carries the spirit of home and well-appointed apartments in the independent and licensed assisted living wings. With their 9-foot ceilings, luxurious carpet and walk-in closets, apartments here turn into a nest of contentment, once you and your treasured belongings move. Many apartments have a patio or balcony space, too, ripe for fresh-air enjoyment or container-garden pleasures. Lush courtyards, accented by fountains eminate soothing sounds and make a lovely retreat. Your ideal blend of privacy and company is possible here, from meal time and socials, to down time and the peaceful settings that dot the facilities and campus.
Those in need of a higher level of personal care find welcome support, exceptional service and skilled nursing in the private or semi-private rooms of The Arbor, our nursing home facility with its cheery sunroom and patio. The Rose Garden is our facility for licensed Alzheimer’s and memory care has bright touches, engaging staff and a colorful, secure private courtyard.
In this continuing care retirement community, your individual needs are met and assistance is right at hand, at every stage.
Social Life & Community
An active calendar of socials, mix-and-mingle opportunities, welcome parties, birthday celebrations, exercise classes, weekly movies, game room activities, musical happenings and more engage you in the friendship and fellowship that are key to your overall well-being. Visiting has never been easier, with friends just down the hall. Get-togethers in close circles and larger groups are easily accommodated, spontaneous or scheduled, in a variety of inviting spaces.
Community spirit is a hallmark of The Orchard, and comfortable spaces, cozy nooks and lush, landscaped courtyards encourage frequent use. Gather around the piano to share a song with your talented neighbor or gather a foursome for bridge. Meet for bingo, a movie or Sunday services in the multi-purpose ballroom. Invite a workout buddy to the fitness room for a spin on the exercise bikes or tuck into the library for a good book. It’s all so convenient!
Wellness & Activities
Your continued wellness is our top concern at The Orchard, with amenities and classes geared to supporting your health and keeping you in the best shape possible.
- Arthritis exercise
- Chair exercise
- Fitness room with exercise equipment
- Hallway rails for safe, secure walking year-round
- Balanced nutrition in three meals a day
A lively schedule at The Orchard ensures daily options for engagement and entertainment, in gatherings both large and small.
- SOCIAL: Parties and socials welcome newcomers, celebrate birthdays and offer a chance to meet and mingle. Meet for a game of bridge or rally the team spirit for the big game!
- RECREATIONAL: Bingo, movies and musical happenings bring friends together.
- CULTURAL: Indulge your inner armchair traveler with a good book from the on-site library, and hear (or share) a review of a new best seller.
- SPIRITUAL: On-site services, Bible study and devotionals bind the community together in communal worship and shared faith.
Amenities & Services
Equipped to meet every need of today’s seniors, The Orchard’s amenities take care of the burdens and leave you with the best part of retirement — relaxing with friends and family and enjoying all the comforts of home, but none of the concerns.
- Spacious, well-appointed apartments
- Full kitchen in each apartment
- Covered balconies or patios (most apartments)
- Dishwashers, washers and dryers (large apartments)
- Emergency alert system in each apartment
- Restaurant-style dining
- Private dining room available for residents and guests
- Covered parking
- Cable TV
- Post office box for mail
- Individual climate control
- Lush, landscaped courtyard with fountains
- Furnished apartment available for visiting family to rent for short stay
- Sundries shop open daily
Services at The Orchard are designed with you and your convenience in mind — located on-site or regularly scheduled. Most are included with residency. A few services through independent contractors will incur a separate charge.
- Emergency alert system in each apartment
- Scheduled transportation to medical facilities, shopping and entertainment events
- On-site banking
- Fitness room
- Community store
- Beauty/barber shops
- 24-hour concierge and nurses on duty
- Maintenance service
- Laundry room
- Dry cleaning pickup and delivery from local cleaners
- Podiatrist visit every three months
- Eyeglass adjustments and hearing aid maintenance
- Mid South Rehab Clinics on-site
Floor Plans & Finishes
Active seniors can choose:
Double occupancy available.
Seniors in search of additional care can choose:
Double occupancy available.
Our skilled nursing rooms are the largest in the Jackson area.
- private room
- semi-private room
Our semi-private memory care rooms preserve one’s space and offer a homey, comfortable setting.
Spacious, well-appointed apartments at The Orchard await your personal touch to turn them into a comfortable home for your later years. The 9-foot ceilings and crown molding add an upscale and open feel, and roomy walk-in closets offer an abundance of storage space. Wall-to-wall carpet, luxurious drapes and walls in neutral tones are the backdrop that’ll make your treasured furnishings and belongings shine.
Dining & Culinary
Two seatings at lunch and a selection of three entrees daily at dinner, plus options for a meal boxed-to-go for supper and a sandwich and a soup of the day, mean the choice is always yours. A wide array of desserts, ice cream and more offer a sweet treat to finish. Fresh fruits, salads, fat-free ice cream, no-sugar-added desserts and low-sodium items are available upon request.
Our assisted living wing has a separate dining room with personal service, if needed.
Chef Michael Moore oversees the culinary services at The Orchard, where fine dining is a key attraction. Residents enjoy three meals a day in restaurant-style comfort in the expansive dining room. An adjacent private dining room, available by reservation, is the perfect spot for holiday celebrations or birthday parties for residents and guests.
As a possible added convenience Chef Moore offers an independent catering service, Your Personal Chef. If you host a function in the dining room, you can choose from the day’s menu, bring in your own prepared food or, for an additional cost, order specially catered food from Your Personal Chef.
Access & Destinations
The Orchard is within a 15-minute drive of the State’s finest medical facilities including the University of Mississippi Medical Center, St. Dominic Memorial Hospital and Baptist Medical Center, with ready access to other area facilities as well.
Twice-weekly transportation to doctor appointments ensures that your personal health care is always up-to-date.
Scheduled and accessible transportation is your ticket to the wealth of metro Jackson attractions.
- RETAIL: Shopping opportunities at some of the state’s largest commercial destinations (e.g. Northpark Mall, Renaissance at Colony Park) are just minutes away. Pharmacies and supermarkets are near by and part of the regular weekly runs.
- ENTERTAINMENT: Live theater and national tours, orchestral concerts, opera and dance are all just a short drive away. It’s easy to continue to enjoy and support the seasons of New Stage Theatre, Broadway in Jackson, the Mississippi Symphony Orchestra, Mississippi Opera, Ballet Mississippi and more.
- CULTURAL: Events and exhibitions at the new Museum of Mississippi History and Mississippi Civil Rights Museum, as well as at the Mississippi Museum of Art, Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, art galleries and more all beckon for active participation and an appreciative eye.
- NATURE: When your fresh-air needs exceed even the lush courtyards at the Orchard, nearby Ross Barnett Reservoir and LeFleur’s Bluff State Park are ripe for visits. Ridgeland’s walking paths are enticingly close by.